Home ownership often feels like a money pit. There is always something to fix, to upgrade, or to change. As such, I thought I'd share with you my list of things that need/should be addressed at my house sometime this year.
1. Continue replacing regular lightbulbs with the LED daylight bulbs throughout house - estimated cost at $10 per bulb -> $360 (Haha - I've only bought one thus far & just about died at the cost. I could buy one per week for the next nine months, I guess...)
2. Purchase and install storm door for my front door (I meant to do this last year and ran out of both funds and motivation) - estimated cost $250
3. Purchase gas powered weedeater - extimated cost $200
4. Repair bent gutter section along back of house (a branch bent a 6" piece of gutter right along my back patio) - estimated cost $100 (This is a shot in the dark; I really have no idea how much it will cost.)
5. Buy hanging baskets of flowers for the front porch (3) - estimated cost $45
6. Fill window boxes with annuals for the front of the house (3) - estimated cost $60
7. Replace hose out front with an extra long curly one - estimated cost $40
8. Treat all drains with root growth inhibitor in March or April when trees are in a growth spurt - estimated cost $40 for two containers
9. Have electrical switch for garbage disposal adjusted/repaired (right now I have to press super hard and up to the right to get it to work) - estimated cost $150
10. Replace seat cushions for 2 Bedermeyer style chairs on the back patio that the squirrels destroyed - estimated cost $80
Dang! With all the little things, I'm thinking the weedeater and the storm door might end up being put off yet again. Oh well, I'll just work toward the list a little at a time, I guess. What homeowner style things do you need to take care of this year?