I've been trying to teach myself Spanish using DuoLingo for the past six months or so. The app says that I'm 52% fluent, but I think that's positive thinking. Certainly, I can read much more than I can say or understand, but only getting 5 words out of every 10 right could be problematic. As such, I've looked up 10 phrases that I think might come in handy for my trip and am practicing these on my own. I thought some of you might want to 'play along' and learn these Spanish phrases too. I think I have these mostly right; please correct me if I've made errors (other than accent marks - can't figure out how to add that keyboard option on my laptop).
1. I would like a glass of wine. Yo quiero un vaso de vino.
2. How much is this? Cuantos?
3. Where is the ____________? Donde, esta el banyo, el restaurante, el stacion, etc.?
4. I am lost. Estoy perdido.
5. I'm sorry, I don't speak Spanish. Do you speak English?
Disculpe, no hablo espanol. Tu hable ingles?
6. What time is the next train? A que hora sale el proximo tren?
7. May I have the check, please? Puedo tener la cuento, por favor?
8. No, that costs too much. No, mucho dineres.
9. Can I try this on? Puedo probarme esto?
10. Do you have free wifi? Tiene wifi gratis?
I'll be practicing all of these in the coming days; hopefully, I'll be able to get along okay on my Spanish adventure this summer. :)