At the start of a new year, like many of you, I like to think about things I want to accomplish in the coming 12 months. As part of that tendency, I've made a list of things I want to read, to try, and to buy in 2016. Take a look.
1. I've set a goal at 50 books on GoodReads. Have you set a goal? Are you a member? I recommend both if you haven't already done so. If you join, feel free to friend me; I'm lowdertiff on GoodReads.
2. As part of those 50 books, I've also set a goal to read some classics that I never read in college (in full at least) and to read some nonfiction. Those are both areas that I haven't really explored much as I read for pleasure these days.
3. I'd also like to listen to some of these 50 books as audiobooks. As the weather improves, perhaps this will be enough entertainment that I'll get back into my walking routine in the afternoons after school. That's my plan, at least.
4. Attend a new kind of festival with the fella. We've talked about it, but we haven't really done much of this except for a Renaissance Festival in May 2014. I'm excited to find us a festival to explore sometime this spring.
5. Take a yoga class. This could even happen just in my living room, but I want to take a yoga class of some kind. Not hot yoga like my daughter takes or really any yoga where I would know anybody - on second thought, perhaps I'll need to do this out of town.
6. Go on a weekend trip with the fella. We've discussed it but never given it a try. I think this might be a good year to see how we travel together, at least for a short time and distance. ;)
7. Take an art class of some kind at a local shop. Watercolors or acrylic painting or knitting or crochet or something. I think it would be fun, and it's something I've talked about doing for a long time and just haven't followed through with in my actual schedule. At first, I thought I might want to do this with a friend. On second thought, I'd probably get more out of it if I did it on my own.
8. A FitBit - see number 3 above. I think it might help me meet some of my fitness goals. Or at least it would be a cool gadget to play with and try to use, right?
9. A screen door for the front door at my house. I've wanted one ever since a storm destroyed mine a few years ago, but it's something that I keep pushing to the back burner. It's a pain to try to find someone who will pick it up at the store and install it. This spring, I definitely want to have one installed though.
10. Flat screen television for my bedroom - I've had the fatback tv in there for at least 20 years. Perhaps it's time I joined the 21st century. Hahaha! I'll be looking at the sales around Superbowl time with interest.
What about you? What plans to read, to try, and to buy do you have in the coming year? I'd love to hear about what you have in store. :)