That's right. I'm still working on it. I was supposed to be finished a week ago...and I'm not. In fact, given the list of to-dos that I'm about to share with you, it looks like my new target date for completion is September 30. Take a look:
Remember what things were looking like before I decided to rip up the floor?
And here we are mid-floor insanity...
Monday 9/21 (I'm battling a sore throat/cough + I have a lot of work to do = I took a day off)
1. 8:00 am - Go to rental place to rent a buffer with attachment to remove mastic (glue) from hardwood floors and to rent an attachment to clean my tile floors well (if time permits today). Nope, I don't get to sleep late even though I took a sick day today. It'll be worth it if I can accomplish everything on my list though.
2. 9:00 am - Tackle glue removal in scrapbook studio space. Hopefully, it won't take me a whole two hours to do this, but I'm ready for the possibility. Ideally, I'll also buff the hallway and the large guest room, but that may be getting ahead of myself. Each of those spaces has some paint flecks and other imperfections that could probably be addressed by buffing them - fingers crossed.
3. 11:00 am - Sweet and mop floors in scrapbook studio space; let dry to see if glue has been totally removed. While waiting for floors to dry, touch-up paint trim and walls where I've dinged things in the floor removal process. Replace wall plates. Change heat/air register in floor. Remove lightbulb covers on ceiling fan to wash and potentially replace.
4. Noon - Repeat buffer process in studio space if needed. If not, move furniture pieces - except armoire - into space.
5. 1:00 pm - Measure for rug or floorcloth and order online. Paint or stain mdf tabletops I had cut at Home Depot yesterday. Test sample piece to decide if I'd rather paint them white or stain them cherry. Paint/stain first coat in front yard if weather permits.
6. 2:00 pm - Leave tabletops outside to dry in the sunshine. Return indoors and begin storing supplies. Focus on items that will be placed in the hanging organizers on the inside of the closet doors and the inside of the entry door. Sort items placed on the folding table in the kitchen and purge, store, or place where it belongs. Fold up table and put in garage for Kelsey to pick up if she still wants it.
7. 3:00 pm - Change buffer attachment and begin cleaning tile in dining room, living room, and kitchen.
8. 4:00 pm - Return buffer and attachments to rental place. Must drop off by 4:30 pm.
9. 4:30 pm - Check tabletops to see if the first coat is dry. If so, paint/stain second coat now. If not, recheck again in one hour. Leave outside to dry.
10. 5:30 pm - Order Raskog cart from Ikea as a reward for finishing all of these tasks today. If I'm successful at finishing these ten items, I'll feel like a million bucks and will relax the rest of the evening.
As I type this blog post Sunday night, I have to keep telling myself, "You can do this. It's almost over. It's going to look amazing. Hang in there!" Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. It's my mantra until this project is complete.